Call for Proposals for Darcy Center Visiting Professors
Darcy Center for Porous media Science and Technology has established a Visiting Scientist Program. The aim of this program is to forge and promote collaboration among top international scientists and researchers from UU and TU/e. It will support extended visits by leading scientists to Utrecht and/or Eindhoven.
Proposals for the Visiting Scientist Program must satisfy the following conditions:
- Each proposal should have a lead applicant, who is member of Darcy Center. There is a preference for proposals with applicants from both universities.
- The invitee should be an internationally leading researcher in the subject area of the proposal, based on CV, list of publications, and other documents.
- The length of the visit should be at least two weeks. Longer visits up to three months will be preferred.
- The invitee should agree to spend time in both Eindhoven and Utrecht.
- A short description (at least half a page) should provide an account of the research area, its significance for the research of two or more groups from Utrecht and Eindhoven, and the potential for continuation of collaboration in the future.
- Expenses for international travel (first class for train and coach class for air travel), accommodation, and €50 per day for living expenses will be covered by Darcy Center. In addition, visitors will receive an honorarium of €2000 per month.
The Scientific Director (Hans van Duijn) will coordinate the selection. He will form and chair the Selection Committee, consisting of some members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) of Darcy Center. In case of a conflict of interest, the related member of the Committee will not participate in the evaluation process. Proposals should be submitted to Ms. Linda (L.J.M.) Essink, Secretary of Darcy Centre (email@example.com), and Tel: 040 247 3517.